November 1, 2015
Iris Colebrook of Grapevine, Texas, and William Adams of Birmingham, Alabama, were married Oct. 3, 2015, at 5:26 p.m. at the James Trotter Convention Center in Columbus, with Vernon Phifer officiating. The bride is the daughter of David Colebrook and Lillie Tuggle Cole, both of Columbus. She is the granddaughter of the late Iris Colebrook Simmons and David Walter Colebrook II, both of Miami, Florida, and the late Charlie Tuggle and Laura Mae Jackson Tuggle. She was given in marriage by her father. Telisa Clay Young of Columbus served as matron of honor. Tameka Allen of Cordova, Tennessee, served as maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Chana Brooks and Tammy Stokes Hudson, both of Memphis, Tennessee; Dr. Lashanda Simmons of Cordova; Felecia Bibb and Karen Bullard, both of Dallas; and Lakeysucha Adams Bailey of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The groom is the son of William Lavender and Leaner Adams Perry, both of Columbus. He is the grandson of the late Luvenia Lavender and Maggie Williams. Terrell Jennings of Columbus, cousin of the groom, served as best man. Groomsmen were Quaylin Smith, son of the groom, and Garmall Sanders, both of Columbus; Robert Adams of Atlanta; Lavoris Williams of Starkville; and Reginald Johnson, Reginald Nelson and Anthony Stanford, all of Birmingham. Following a wedding trip to Destin, Florida, the couple resides in Birmingham.
1. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. One man killed in weekend shooting in West Point COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY