March 22, 2018 6:04:10 PM
- If I learned anything from following Joe Moorhead around practice for this video, it's that when he wants to see more energy from a player, his go-to is: "Mentality." That whole #ChampionshipMentality thing is something he's really trying to get into the players' heads at the moment. He's going out of his way to make sure players jog back to the line after their rep, at one point telling cornerbacks in a tackling drill, "We're going to do the little things better than anyone else," one of those things being the effort required in jogging back to the line.
- MSU said Nick Fitzgerald is under the weather with a stomach bug, thus did not practice today.
- One thing I didn't get in my depth chart reporting from Tuesday's practice is the second-team offensive line. Today, that was as follows, from left to right: Tyre Phillips, Michael Story, Blake Mitchell, Dareuan Parker, Tommy Champion.
- Spotted former Bulldog wide receiver Donald Gray and defender Richie Brown out there today.
- My bad for not seeing this until the very end of the open periods, but I saw Aeris Williams lightly jogging around the practice fields with a ball in hand, not participating in the drills. There was heavy tape on his left ankle. If memory serves he practiced Tuesday, so I don't know what the deal is there.