May 15, 2018 10:56:17 AM
A Columbus man was jailed in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center after authorities say he escaped from the Lowndes County Juvenile Detention Center on his 18th birthday.
Authorities arrested Braylin Edinburgh, 18, at a Starkville checkpoint on Friday and charged him with felony escape, according to Lowndes County Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Marc Miley. According to a LCSO incident report, Edinburgh had been in custody at the juvenile detention center on March 21 when he and another juvenile attempted to escape.
Edinburgh and the other juvenile were able to unlock a door leading outside the detention center. Once outside, Edinburgh crawled under a fence and ran south toward Bell Avenue. The other juvenile was not able to fit under the gate.
Because Edinburgh was 18, he was charged as an adult.
He has bonded out of Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on $3,500 bond.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY