May 17, 2018 11:03:21 AM
Urgent Team welcomes a new certified family nurse practitioner, but familiar face in the community, to the healthcare team in West Point.
Jeanie Van Akkeren, FNP, grew up in Hamilton and received a bachelor's in nursing from the Mississippi University for Women before earning her master's in family nursing from the University of South Alabama.
She is a 17-year registered nurse, with five years as a nurse practitioner, most recently caring for patients at family and urgent care centers in Belden and Guntown. She also has extensive experience caring for patients in Emergency Rooms, surgery centers and urgent care clinics.
The Urgent Team Family of Centers provide quality and affordable healthcare in 37 locations throughout Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, and Mississippi. In the Golden Triangle, there are also Urgent Team centers in Columbus, Tupelo and Starkville.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY