May 17, 2018 11:03:21 AM
Urgent Team welcomes a new certified family nurse practitioner, but familiar face in the community, to the healthcare team in West Point.
Jeanie Van Akkeren, FNP, grew up in Hamilton and received a bachelor's in nursing from the Mississippi University for Women before earning her master's in family nursing from the University of South Alabama.
She is a 17-year registered nurse, with five years as a nurse practitioner, most recently caring for patients at family and urgent care centers in Belden and Guntown. She also has extensive experience caring for patients in Emergency Rooms, surgery centers and urgent care clinics.
The Urgent Team Family of Centers provide quality and affordable healthcare in 37 locations throughout Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, and Mississippi. In the Golden Triangle, there are also Urgent Team centers in Columbus, Tupelo and Starkville.
1. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. One man killed in weekend shooting in West Point COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY