May 17, 2018 11:02:31 AM
A grand jury has indicted a Steens woman arrested last year for child endangerment.
Holly O'Callaghan, 38, of 8061 Highway 12 East, No. 1, is accused of giving birth to a child addicted to drugs last July. Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested O'Callaghan in October.
The Department of Human Services has taken custody of the child.
O'Callaghan was arrested with Gary Shaw, 33, of 118 Stewart Ave. in Columbus, who was charged with hindering prosecution. Shaw has not been indicted on any charges, according to Lowndes County Circuit Court records.
1. Trial set for house parent accused of sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. SPD: Shooting victim in stable condition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Problem solver: LINK intern spends summer developing research-based guide for Golden Triangle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Cashing in on life's lemons: Inaugural Lemonade Day in Starkville draws young entrepreneurs from across area STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. One man killed in weekend shooting in West Point COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY