May 17, 2018 11:02:31 AM
A grand jury has indicted a Steens woman arrested last year for child endangerment.
Holly O'Callaghan, 38, of 8061 Highway 12 East, No. 1, is accused of giving birth to a child addicted to drugs last July. Deputies with Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested O'Callaghan in October.
The Department of Human Services has taken custody of the child.
O'Callaghan was arrested with Gary Shaw, 33, of 118 Stewart Ave. in Columbus, who was charged with hindering prosecution. Shaw has not been indicted on any charges, according to Lowndes County Circuit Court records.
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY